Karen trained in the City then worked at city firm Simmons & Simmons before returning to her home town of Guildford. She specialises in all areas of commercial real estate and general commercial matters. Her clients are wide ranging including individuals, businesses, banks, receivers and property management companies.
Karen provides timely communication with her clients and other professionals in order to facilitate the smooth progress and completion of transactions.
- Sale of development site
- Acquisition of commercial property for private investor
- Acting for a bank to perfect security
- Acting for vendors on sale of a multi-million pound development site to national house builders
- Working with clients, agents and purchaser’s solicitors to achieve sale within timeline set by the client
- Particular challenges included negotiating rights of access with a third party and issues arising from discovery of an electricity cable situated under part of the site
- Acting for commercial managers of a property portfolio on acquisition of commercial unit worth £2 million
- Working with clients and agents to achieve sale within a tight timescale
- The matter involved the bank advancing monies to the customer for the acquisition of an investment property
- Working with the bank and the borrower’s representatives to facilitate transaction and perfect the bank’s security