David established Karslakes in 2006 having previously worked in Guildford and London for many years. David focuses on dispute resolution and general commercial matters. David has a wealth of experience in dealing with High Court and County Court litigation and is a trained Mediator. He has particular expertise in Property related matters.
David’s commercial acumen and responsiveness are appreciated by Clients and other professionals.
- Acting for Receivers appointed by a private lender over a development site
- Working with property department to investigate complex security and reporting
- Advising Receivers on strategy
- Working with property department on issues arising, including Section 106 agreement. Karslakes’ property department then acted on the sale
- Receivers achieved full recovery for the client
We recently acted for a Landlord in a substantial dilapidations claim following expiry of a 25 year lease of office premises. The tenant, instructed a leading dilapidations surveyor to mitigate the claim. We supported the Landlord’s surveyor throughout robust negotiations, engaging the Dilapidations pre-action protocol, to achieve settlement without issuing proceedings. The process was concluded within 10 weeks following service of the Schedule of Dilapidations.
We recently acted for an employer who had experienced a “last straw” moment causing them to dismiss an employee for good cause, but without following a full process. The former employee consulted solicitors who advanced a substantial claim. We assisted the employer in resisting the claim and negotiating a settlement. The matter was resolved in 8 weeks, with limited impact on management time.